Friday, April 2, 2010

What's been cookin'???

I have been in such a mood to cook lately!
I usually get like this around any holiday.
The April issue of Better Homes and Gardens has some fabulous recipes!!


I started out by trying the Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Pumpkin-Sage Grits.


I actually really loved it!! The chicken was really moist and the flavor of the grits was amazing!! I think it was a little too "out there" for my hubby.
Here are my results:


Next, I made the Whole Wheat Chocolate-Blueberry Cake.

My process:


My results:

This was a really yummy cake!
I also served it with a Blueberry Sauce that they suggested.
I had dinner guests that night and everyone loved it!


I also made a couple loaves of THIS bread with my leftover pumpkin.
One for my house and a second to give to my parents as a "Thank You" for watching the kiddos.
My kids devoured this bread!!


I have a recipe or two that I will be trying out for Easter this Sunday.
I hope you all have a Blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment